Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pictures and People

I have two picture frame/bulletin boards that hang in the hallway going into our bedroom. It's kind of a hodge-podge of pics that are family, friends, and "my kids." All of a sudden they are super full. I recently got some new pics of kids from church and my buddy, Trudy, sent pics of her cutie boys in their Christmas letter. (Side note...way to go Trudy...I haven't even started my Christmas letter!) Anywho, I was looking through the pictures and smiling at the faces and remembering when they were taken. I've been feeling extra sentimental lately and am so thankful to have those pictures of so many that I love. I may need to buy another frame or bulletin board to hold them all.

I have also been blessed to reconnect with a very special friend through Facebook. It's been fun catching up with the older kids that I had at previous churches but I was very excited to hear from Amy Griffin who has been a friend since Micaela and Keaton were in elementary school. We are planning to get together this Friday for lunch. I haven't seen her for about 4 years so I am thrilled to have this opportunity. Amy is one of the funniest people ever! We met at church camp as councilors and really hit it off. She is someone who understands my passion for children's ministry and is a strong, Godly woman. We are sure to have some good laughs. I need to take a picture and hang it on the board!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I remember when Amy was in Childrens church at Berean. Dominique was in k or 1st grade. Every Sunday he would peek into kids church and whisper, "Is tan Amy in there cuz I wanna sit with her. She is tan just like me you know." I think that was a million years ago! Tell her hi from us, ok?

Lori Eilers said...

You got it, Angela! That's a great memory that will make her laugh.