Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Road Trips

I, who rarely travels, have taken two road trips in less than a week! Last Friday, Amy, Becky the kids and I all went to Omaha to the zoo and to see the Young's. It was a great day, the weather was beautiful, the kids were angels and it was so awesome to see Michael, Lindsay, and Reese. Lindsay is the CUTEST pregnant woman, EVER! So much fun to watch the kid's reaction to the animals and just to hang with good friends.

Yesterday, I drove down to see Micaela at Evangel. I'm sitting in her dorm writing this. We had lunch in the caf with all her buds. Last night we went to a flag football game for some of the guys and they won so tonight they play again in the "play-offs." We are having open dorm night so a bunch are coming over to eat the pumpkin bars I brought and then we'll go to the game again. What a wonderful group of friends my daughter has. No wonder she loves it here so much.

It has been so good for my spirits to be with Mic and have a change of scenery. So good to have five hours alone in the car to cry and pray, sing and praise, reflect and dream about what new thing God has for me and Randy. I am still so very sad and cry at the drop of a hat but my resolve is strengthening and my spirits WILL be lifted as I trust God. I know He is not done with me yet. I have too much passion left in my heart to not continue ministering to children. I have been leaning on Jeremiah 29:11 and Proverbs 3:5-6 daily. I have had so many wonderful phone calls and e-mails from friends and fellow pastors just to encourage me and say they are praying for us. The family of God is amazing.

I am totally enjoying campus life and Mic's friends have treated me like royalty! I'm headed back tomorrow afternoon. I have a feeling there will be a few less tears on the way home! :)

5 comments:

becky said...

so happy to hear you are having a relaxing time. sometimes it really helps to get out of town and clear your mind.
we're praying for you and we love ya!

Unknown said...

it's always good to hit the road for some fresh air and a nice distraction. we were thinking of you on Sunday, and still are. praying for you guys! reese sure loved seeing all the kids, Becky, PL, and "Grandma" on friday! me too.

amain said...

"Grandma" here. (I still need to blog about that, BTW)
Glad to know that your trip to Evangel has been a good one, but I am not surprised~ Micaela & her friends are just FUN!!
There have been some tears here, too, and I have to admit, I wish I could turn back time. But I, too, am trusting God for an AMAZING future for us all!!!
Travel safe:)

Jenn said...

I was glad when Micaela told me you were going to spend some time there. Fun for her and you. I hope you travel safe, we'll see you soon.

Angela said...

I am so happy you decided to go to visit Micaela. You deserve a break and I can't think of a better way to regroup than with a girl as sweeta nd fun as your daughter!!
Call me when you can. Next time I want to go on your trip with you.