Monday, November 19, 2007

Updates

I haven't been able to blog much due to our antique desk top computer. I'm now a library computer user until I can get a new laptop. It is so frustrating waiting literally 1 hour and 15 minutes to connect to the internet. Hopefully my buddy Paul can speed things up for me!

I am out pounding the pavement for a job. It looks like I will be able to work as a sub associate for the Ankeny schools. I figured it was a logical job in many ways. I have knee surgery coming in February so who wants to hire me now? Plus, I can still have a flexible schedule when needed. I worked for the school for 9 years so enough people know me that maybe I'll be requested.

We visited Christian Life Assembly yesterday and the message was soooo for us! Pastor Glenn is a great preacher. We are planning on visiting a few other churches and praying for God to show us where to land. It was weird just going to church and not setting up or tearing down. It felt like we barely got there and were leaving again. I know I need to enjoy this season and rest in God's Word until the next door is open. It's so nice to see some old friends at that are a part of other churches.

Micaela gets home Wednesday afternoon with her friend Lis! Super excited for the weekend. Thursday, my dad and step mom arrive for the big dinner about 2 PM and are staying overnight. This will be the first time I have had Thanksgiving dinner with my dad since I was a 3 or 4 year old. I LOVE to cook Thanksgiving dinner! Of course...I love to eat it too. :) Lis is a big crafter so she was thrilled to hear we have an Archiver's store here. Guess we will be going there this weekend!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I have so much to be thankful for.

0 comments: