Thursday, November 01, 2007

Kid Movie? I Don't Think So

I've been meaning to post about this and my friend Trudy's post said it so well I copied it for mine. I know that a lot of kid movies are good vs. evil based and so therefor debatable in whether they are appropriate for our kids but this one crosses the line. My personal opinion about certain children's fantasy programs and movies is just that...my personal opinion, but ask yourself if it's something you really want your child's head filled with.

The Golden Compass
I'm sure by now many of you have heard about this movie. I checked it out on snopes and you can too
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp. I've read about it and it just blew me away on what I read. This is from a friend of mine: "This is the first in the trilogy, and it's the TAMEST. The hope is that the kids will like the movie, and it seems harmless enough, so they'll buy the books and read this author's garbage. The author makes no qualms about his beliefs, as stated in interviews, and the books are very obviously encouraging children to abandon their belief in God and religion." I took this off snopes: Written by Phillip Pullman, a proud and outspoken atheist who belongs to secular humanist societies. He hates C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia and has written a trilogy to show the other side. The movie has been dumbed down to fool kids and their parents in the hopes that they will buy his trilogy where in the end, THE CHILDREN KILL GOD, and everyone can do as they please." It breaks my heart that there are people out there who are making movies like this. The sad thing is that families will go to see this movie and think nothing of it. Please don't hesitate to pass along to your friends and family about this movie. This movie is to come out in December (and stars Nicole Kidman). Let's start praying that it won't be a hit in the movie theaters and it won't stay out there very long.

0 comments: