Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 07

Thanksgiving day was great except that my boy was very sick. Keaton couldn't even eat one bite of turkey dinner. I felt so bad for him. As I'm writing this, he is still sleeping and I pray feels better when he gets up.

It has been wonderful spending time with my dad and step mom. They are always such a blessing to have around. They are leaving after lunch today to travel on to the Sioux City area to see me sister and aunt. It's always tough to say goodbye; we generally only see each other once a year and it's just not enough. The phone and e-mail are better than nothing but just not the same as being able to hug their necks and watch their faces as you talk. Maybe I need to get a web cam!

I'm anxious to hear how Micaela and Lis fared staying out at the Main's house last night. Amy so generously opened their house to the girls so we could have room for my folks to stay. Lis is an avid scrapbooker, so Amy offered open access to the craft room at the "Main Bed and Get Your Own Breakfast!" I thought Lis was going to do a happy dance when she heard she got to play in the craft room. They are off to Archiver's for some shopping today and wherever they think they need to spend money. Lis is a wonderful young lady with such a sweet spirit and fun to have around.

We have so many things to be thankful for! I'm counting all my blessings and they sure include all of you who read this!

0 comments: