Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Changes

Change is always difficult, I think a little more so for women than men, but changes come. I think by now everyone knows that my last day as JCFC's children's pastor is this Sunday, November 11. I know there have been many tears and heavy hearts but God IS in control. He has a plan and purpose for each of us and I know He is not done with me yet! :)

I must say that the whole experience of planting a church has been fun, mind expanding, muscle burning, victorious, lesson filled, times of trial and error, and overall one of the best experiences of my life. I am so thankful for our time as a part of this wonderful church. I don't have to tell those who are a part that it is a unique place that God is blessing and lives are being changed for the better. It is truly a place where you can "build relationships and encounter God."

I know it is hard to say goodbye, believe me I have used more Puffs this week than I have in many years, but let's focus on the positive. JCFC will go on and do even more and greater things without Randy and me. It's such a weird phenomenon but for whatever reason when a pastor leaves a church there is growth. So ya'll better get ready!

Pastor Josh has taught me many things and I hope he has learned a little something from me, too. He has given me some incredible opportunities and totally gets how important children's ministry is to a church. I love that about him! He really needs you all now. I ask that you pray about how you are going to be a part of helping him in this transition. There are a million little details that will need done each week and it is a time when it will be "all hands on deck!" I will be able to leave with some peace knowing that all "my kids" will be taken care off on Sunday mornings. It's not always a glorious job changing diapers or wiping noses but I promise you will be blessed in ways you can never begin to know. The first time you see a child "get it", come to understand who Jesus is and how much He loves us, you will be hooked on children's ministry!

Thank you all so much for taking such great care of us and always loving us and welcoming us into your families. We want to stay in touch with you all however much is comfortable for your family. I know your children will have an adjustment time but the health of it will depend on you. If you, as their parents, will focus on the positive - so will they. It's okay and healthy to cry and ask questions but they need to know it's gonna be okay and that Randy and I are alright. We serve a wonderful Savior who watches over us and always gives us what is best.

I'm looking forward to hearing of all the wonderful things that JCFC will accomplish in the next few months and how you all grow together! Randy and I love you all very much.... thank you!! I think I will still be blogging so don't quit checking in!

5 comments:

becky said...

there's been a few puffs used over here as well. we love you both very much and are so thankful for all you have invested our boys.

Anonymous said...

PL, how we are going to MISS you!! You have made me start crying all over again. You have had so much impact on our children's lives and we were so blessed to know how much you loved our children.

Unknown said...

oh, pass the Puffs! we're sad to hear the news! you'll be in our prayers. i haven't come across a childrens' pastor yet who genuinely loved and cares for 'her kids' at much as you have. because of that, i know this is really tough on you, and your amazing attitude and speaking well of everyone shows the kind of character you possess. you're right - great things are still to come, both for you & Randy, and JCFC!

Jenn said...

What a sad week this has been, now I'm crying again. You have made such an impact on me and my family in this short time we have known you, and then you took Ashlin under your wing. For everything you've done thank you is not nearly enough. I admire you in so many ways-as a Wife, Mother, & Woman, you've inspired me to try harder and do more. Thank you for always loving our boys when they were in your care. Thank you, we love you & Mister Randy!

hahainlala said...

Hi Lori,

I know you don't know me, but I hear such WONDERFUL things about you and my cousin Amy is always telling me what an amazing person you are. So, this is why I felt compelled to let you know that I too have faith that something good will come out of all of this and that there are some VERY lucky children out there in Iowa who are about to hit gold when they get you as their children's pastor:)

Heather (Amy Main's favorite cousin)