Monday, December 10, 2007

Back in the Swing

My first day back at Parkview Middle School was a little surreal. It felt weird to be there but strangely comfortable; I worked there for nine years, after all. All the staff was so welcoming and excited to hear about the kids and life in general. It was fun to "catch up" with everyone and be with people who I've known for so long and hear about their kids, too. The staff at Parkview was with me during my weight loss five years ago and were my biggest cheerleaders! I remember a group of them were so proud of how I did that they were trying to get me on the Oprah show!! Too funny! Made me smile to hear my friend Lisa call me by the nickname she gave me several years ago...Lucky. She always calls Randy "Mr. Lucky." Even got to see a couple of "my kids" from our Berean days who go to PVMS. Crazy to do hall duty and watch how 6th and 7th graders behave and interact. Middle schoolers are strange creatures, for sure. :)

I had so many opportunities to share Christ with coworkers over the years and I'm praying that the Lord will use me while I'm there again. I'm determined to make the best of this season in my life and to get past my own sorrow and still be a light in the world. There are several new teachers on staff since I left not quite two years ago so there is much to do this week. :)

0 comments: