Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Programs

How about this wonderful Iowa weather? Makes for interesting driving and walking with my crazy knee! We had a GREAT time at the Des Moines Christian School Christmas program yesterday. Thanks so much to the May family for allowing us to be fill-in grandparents for Adele. It was one of the best kid's programs I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of them! The kids did such a fantastic job and you could tell the whole presentation was bathed in prayer. Even with the stinky weather there was a record crowd. DMC was a wonderful host with lots of coffee and cookies and smiling faces to welcome all. We even had some bonus hugs from other kids we knew!!

This morning we went to Christian Life Assembly and it was their adult Christmas program. It was super good, they have some very talented singers! They even had some impressive choreography! If you are bored and want something to do, they are having another performance tonight at 6 PM. We had planned to surprise Keaton this morning and drive to Montezuma but the roads that direction were pretty dicey. I really wanted to go since it was their kid's program and Keaton was preaching in big church. Bummer! Keaton and I had chosen the same Christmas program so I was dieing to see it performed. Oh well, we enjoyed our visit to CLAG.

I bought the new Josh Groban Christmas CD and it is awesome! Highly recommend it and it's on sale at Family Christian Bookstore. I had an extra $10 off coupon so I pert-near got it for free! Sweeeet! Gotta love that Josh Groban. It's funny...one of my kids LOVES Christmas music and the other HATES it. Can you guess which one is which? I've been listening to the Elf soundtrack and The Rat Pack Christmas, too. I even broke out the old Avalon Christmas CD, it's an oldy but goody. I need to buy the old Mariah Carey Christmas CD. I had it on cassette and it's one of the best one's ever. Let me know if anyone sees it out there for cheap.

1 comments:

Chef Stinson Family said...

Oh! I need to bust out my old Avalon Christmas CD too! I love that one! It always puts me in a good mood!