Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Casting Vision

I had my first opportunity at First Assembly to do a training session with my First Embrace team. I was kinda nervous as I am still a new-be at DM First and am still meeting the tons of people that go there.

I feel like God has placed me in this position for a season to help bring their nursery from great to fantastic. The previous coordinator did a very good job but where she had inexperience, I have some to share. Pastor BBopp and Pastor Dave have other plans for me later in the year but for right now, this is my mission.

The first half of the team came Sunday and the second half will get the repeat session this Sunday. Everyone there was very positive about the changes and additions I shared and were quick to get on board to serve in greater ways. The meeting went very smooth, praise God. Pastor Dave's wife was there and she was super excited about the ideas and helped spread the excitement to her hubby! :) I now have all the $$ I need to implement the expansion. I pray the excitement has a real trickle-down affect and we are able to expand the team, also. Pastor Dave even said he may take a Sunday off preaching so he can serve in the nursery!

Change always brings about work, worry, questions, stress, and some growing pains but if communication is present and attitudes remain positive, great things will come about for the kingdom of God!

4 comments:

Todd McKeever said...

Lori,
Have i missed something or just been blind? Are you the cp at 1st in DSM?

Todd McKeever said...

Excuse me if I have been blind or if I am just dumb. I look forward to hearing back about where you are at?

Lori Eilers said...

Hey Todd...I'm going to e-mail you!

Truders said...

Sounds like your doing a great job Lori!! Keep it up.