Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wild Day

This past Sunday was a wild day in the DM First nursery! It was the first day that the congregation from Metro Assembly of God permanently joined our congregation so we had a lot of extra people anyway but it was also a very high visitor day. I had 41 babies for the three service times and 23 of them in the 11 AM service alone! Yowza...we were hopping. It's a good thing this coming Sunday is the beginning of two nurseries! All things are in place for the split as long as our new toddler table arrives this week.

Everyone is excited for the changes and we have had several parents who haven't used the nursery for a while begin to do so again. We are not just adding another room but also a teaching and music segment for each age group.

Our next Baby Dedication day is Mother's Day. DM First has 3 or 4 set days during the year to do dedications because we have enough babies arriving all the time we could be doing dedications every week! I love baby dedications....I get to do one for my friend Jen Yates on May 31 at their family reunion. I did her son, Chance's, dedication in a park, also, a couple years ago.

Say a prayer for me this weekend! You know there are always bugs to work out when you make a big change but I know the Lord will help us transition as smooth as possible.

0 comments: