Friday, December 12, 2008

The Big Weekend

First, let me say it's soooo good to have my boy here in Tennessee! He drove a long way to see the old folks and we really appreciate it. Now I just need to figure out a way to keep him! Just kidding....God is using him in some amazing ways back in Iowa.

This Sunday at 5 PM is our Double Take Christmas Musical with all my kids. We are starting the program with our babies! We will have a baby parade and let all the folks oooh and awww over them. Then the Toddler Church gang sings their song. I can't wait to see them! I love the unexpected antics of toddlers! Always good for a laugh or two. Then the big kids take the stage. I'm praying hard! There never seems to be a point when you can honestly say, "Oh, we are so ready!" But that's okay...our purpose isn't perfection but ministering to hearts.

We have dress rehearsal tomorrow so we'll be in "big church" for the first time and I hope all my mental staging works out. Practice is followed by pizza and ice cream so it will fun to hang with my kids!

0 comments: