Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Our First Christmas Float

The beginning....


Some of the float builders.

Pastor Justin hooking up the sound.

Brrrrr....it's chilly!

Some of my kids

I'm still thawing out but we had a great time at the Union City Christmas Parade last night! It was so fun to be a part of a tradition here in UC that's been going on for quite some time. Between float builders and floater riders/walkers, we had almost 50 people involved from the church. That was such a blessing to see so many get behind our very first effort. It was a simple float but for the first year out I felt led to keep it basic. I already have some big ideas for next year and a plan to purchase long underwear! Compared to Iowa, it wasn't that cold but you know me...whimp-o when it comes to winter.

Thanks to all who made it fun to get 'er done and especially to Pastor Justin....he rocks! I'm not sure how I'd get anything accomplished without my partner in chaos. We know how to make ministry FUN!

0 comments: