Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Double Take Christmas Musical

Aren't they cute?


Do I look nervous?
Everyone bringing their "hearts" forward.

Whew...it's done! I love doing kid's programs, especially Christmas but by the time they are finished, it is always a relief. :) Our Double Take musical ended up coming together pretty well but at Saturday's dress rehearsal, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry! Of course, in hind sight, there are some things I should have done differently but the first year in a new place is always an experiment. The kids struggled with their lines and so next year, even though I hate to do it, we may have to do auditions for those who want acting roles. This year, I tried to be fair and divide the speaking parts equally between our kids who come with their families and kids who ride the van. Both groups had their issues but we will make some changes next year. All in all, it was it was fine and the kids choir did very well. We also included all our babies in a "Baby Parade" and the Toddler Church kids sang a song with props and everything. Super cute!!

I had the opportunity to preach a short message after the program and that part went pretty well. I always get so nervous when I speak to adults! I had a challenge that involved writing your name on a heart shaped post-it note if this was the Christmas you wanted to give your whole heart to Jesus. I led everyone in a commitment prayer. I then had whomever wrote their name down bring it forward and put it in a basket and I have committed to pray for those names for the next several weeks. I took all the post-it notes and put them on a bulletin board in my office so I could see them every day. It was a powerful sight to watch nearly 200 people walk forward and put their hearts in that basket. I know it was a simple message and quick to the point, but I'm praying that those people would cement their relationship with Jesus in the days and weeks to come. I humbly ask Jesus to use that simple challenge to impact some lives for His Kingdom.

1 comments:

Sandy May said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Cmas program. We missed you this year for our stand in Grandparents as we did not have any to attend. So Paul did show up which was super special but we stood at the door to watch her and then made a quick exit and didn't stay. We want to meet you in DM. I am waiting to see if Paul can go too. So it will be me and Adele for Tuesday night and possibly 3. Can't wait to see you!!!!!