Friday, December 05, 2008

The Best Week Ahead!

It's gonna be a busy but fun week ahead! Tomorrow is our all church family event, Build a Gingerbread House for everyone to enjoy. We are setting up the activities building for families to gather for this new holiday tradition and to have a pot luck lunch following the big build. You know me...I love to hang out with "my kids" and EAT!

Sunday, after morning service, is our Kid's Inc. team meeting and lunch. I love to break bread with my peeps and encourage them in growing together in our call to reaching boys and girls for Jesus. I am so blessed with a great group of laborers who also love kids. God has placed a couple of youth kids on the team that not only have a call to children's ministry but already do such a wonderful job with the kids. I'm excited for the opportunity to pour some of my experience into their lives and help them however I can.

This coming Tuesday is my first T.A.L.K. meeting in Tennessee! It's a branch of the group that started in Kentucky, spread to Iowa and now will hopefully be a blessing and encouragement to children's ministry leaders here. Teaching and Loving Kids is a networking group for anyone who works with kids, from any denomination, full or part time, who just want to build God's Kingdom and not worry about who's church is the biggest! I invited a TON of folks so I'm praying for a good turnout. I'm finding I may have to do an evening meeting next time as most are on a volunteer basis and work day jobs.

Wednesday night, my boy arrives! Keaton is coming down for a few days and I can't wait to see him! Pray he has a safe trip.

Next Friday night is our churches "Couples Volleyball" in the activities building...should be so fun! Saturday is dress rehearsal for the big Union City First Assembly of God Kid's Inc. Christmas Musical, Double Take! Sunday at 5 PM is the big show and everyone is getting excited. I am looking forward to the whole thing, from the Baby Parade and the Toddler Church performing their song, and to the ministry "my kids" will bring to our community. I'm praying that many hearts will be touched for Jesus through their singing and drama.

Whew....I need a nap already! :) Don't you just love the Christmas season?

1 comments:

Truders said...

Sounds like fun, the gingerbread building with the whole church. Keaton came to see us last night and we had a great visit!!