Monday, December 22, 2008

Road Trip

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we hit the road to go to Iowa for Christmas. It will be so great to see Keaton again, my family and even several friends. I'm not looking forward to the loooong drive and the ridiculously cold temps of Iowa. It's even been unusually cold in Tennessee the past couple days. Last Friday, it was like 69 here in Union City! Today...18 degrees. I've been accused of bringing Iowa weather with me!

As much as I want to see everyone, I'm a little sad to not be spending Christmas in Union City. It's so hard to explain how in less than three months we have come to love this place and these people so much. I was talking to Deana today and I said something about how hard it is to remember what a short time we've been here because we just feel so at home. She agreed that it seemed like we had been here longer and went on to say how evident that the whole story is just plain and simply a God thing. Well, maybe not simple but surely amazing!

Gonna be a quick trip. We're leaving Tuesday and getting home Fridaynight! Now, where did I put that long underware?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you did bring it with you. For the last several year we have had mild wintere. So, what ever they get in Iowa while your there "LEAVE". You and Randy have a great time.

Truders said...

Looking forward to seeing you!!