Friday, September 22, 2006

Anniversary

This Sunday is a celebration of the first anniversary of launching Jordan Creek Family Church. I am very excited about this milestone. God has been so good to us, bringing us people who have caught the vision of the church, people who are willing to serve, people who are well into their walk with Jesus and people who are just starting their journey. All are here not by accident, but as a part of God's plan. It has been a lot of work starting a church but even more fun. I think about how much the Creek Kids members have grown, literally and spiritually and feel so blessed to be a part of God's church. Like the morning I took a pack of my girls to the restroom before church and Isabella said, "Look Pastor Lori, now I can reach the sink without you giving me a boost!" And those mornings during worship in Creek Kids when I looked down and see all those little faces with their eyes closed and hands lifted toward Heaven, worshipping Jesus with all their hearts. Big steps for little people! I think about how the Lord worked it out for me and Randy to work along side Pastor Josh and Dara and never cease to be amazed at how it all happened. I think about the people, who one year ago, I didn't even know but are now such an important part of my life. And most important, I think about the people who before JCFC didn't know Jesus and now they DO. For God's Kingdom and His Glory...Happy Anniversary JCFC.

0 comments: