Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Opportunities

While in the hospital, trying not to be totally self absorbed, I prayed God would use me there. I had the opportunity to tell many people about JCFC and how much I love the church and being a pastor. I also met two women who are in life struggles that broke my heart. One woman is ending a bad relationship and has a 10 year old son. She was telling me about how her son found her crying one night and crawled up next to her on the couch. He hugged her and said not to worry, he would be her man. I hate it when kids have to pay for adult's bad decisions. But I think our conversation ministered to her and I encouraged her to get involved in a church I've heard about in the new community she's moving to. She has a friend that goes there, too. There was another nurse there who's husband is slowly dieing, he weighs over 600 pounds and has multiple heath issues. We got into a conversation about weight loss when she assumed I had knee surgery due to an accident. Here it is, four in the morning, my knee is screaming but it felt so good to give some encouragement to this women who is so frightened to lose her husband. You know it's a terrible hurt when they are in tears during work. I think she felt better by the end of our conversation, I pray she did. We all have our struggles and it sure helped me to come away from the door of the pity party I was about to enter into.

0 comments: