Monday, July 21, 2008

Kid's Camp Week #1

The first week of Kid's Camp was amazing. We had a smaller camp of about 235 kids, but a great group that was super fun and pretty well behaved. Our camp speaker, Jay Risner, always does a wonderful job. He is such an anointed man of God and is one of the best ventriloquists ever! The kids go nuts when he brings out JoJo, his dummy.

Our son, Keaton, was our sports/activities director for the week and he did a fantastic job! It is a super hard and exhausting responsibility but he pulled it off better than most of the sports directors I've seen in my 14 years at camp. I know, I know...I'm biased but whatever! It was a blast working with him for possibly the last time. I got to be his "assistant" along with my Junior Bible Quiz responsibilities so I was pretty busy too. My body is super sore and I twisted my knee pretty bad but I'm ready to go back today!

This week, I get to work with one of my best friends, Laurie Rich, who pastors in Sioux City. She has been my friend, mentor and confidant for almost 20 years. She is one of those people I totally trust and can be flat out honest with her about anything without fearing judgement.

Altar times were so good with the kids. I love to watch how honest kids are while they worship God. Some can "play church" with the best of them but then there are those who really press in and go after all God has for them. It blesses me so much to see kids pray for each other and then see the look of joy on their faces that they were a blessing to someone else. One of my "jobs" at camp is to have pre-service prayer with all the kids while the rest of the councilors and staff have prayer in another building. During that few minutes, we do a few testimonies of what God is doing in their lives at camp. It's so cool to hear what they have to say and the excitement in their voices.

Pray for us this week. Pray that many come to know Jesus, are healed, called, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Pray for Pastor Jay, the leadership and councilors and maybe even throw one in for the weather! More when I get back....and some pics!

1 comments:

Truders said...

I MISS IT!!