Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Observation

If you dabble in web page design, you could have an incredible ministry! In my search for a new job, I have looked at a ton of church web sites and several Assembly of God district sites. There are some awesome ones out there; easy to navigate, current and plentiful information, great designs, appealing colors, plenty of pictures, creative animations, maps, downloadable resources, links and much more. BUT, I have seen some that need soooo much help, too. I'm sure it's a combination of not having the $$, expertise or just not enough time to work on it. Someone could be an incredible blessing by offering services to churches at a slightly less fee than usual or maybe even some free time. Sure wish this was one of my talents! A church web site can be such a huge asset but can also be very frustrating to person looking for a church home. Just a thought....maybe you or someone you know needs to see this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori,
I agree! First, the Assemblies of God offers free websites to all churches and I even think they have now opened it up to ministries! This is easy to use, with a bunch of tutorials. I was among the first to sign up and use this service. It works great. Second, I saw this the same as you, and "suggested" this ministry/service to the Assemblies of God Web Services. (At the time I was giving a lot of help/suggestions/ and insight.) They took this idea and it's currently operational. (which btw was laid upon my heart to do, but be in conjunction with this division.) My idea was taken, and used, but I was left in the dust.

Unfortunately our church's website does not get much traffic at all, and hasn't been updated in a LONG time. My heart was broken, but I learned my lesson, and moved on.

It's not saying I can't do this, but the Lord has since opened new windows of opportunity (Assembly of God Blogs and my personal blog) and that is where my energy and effort now go towards.

But I agree, and sorry for my long rant!

Lori Eilers said...

Thanks for the great input! Thanks, also, for the reminder about the AG service...I had forgotten about that. It's a great place to start. Bless your ministry!