Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Side Trip

New Life Assembly of God, White Cloud, Michigan

When I heard my good buddies Pastor Bud and Laura Fortney were returning to their home state of Michigan to pastor a church in White Cloud, I got my atlas out and made a very cool discovery. Their new place was only about 45 minutes from our vacation spot! So....ROAD TRIP! We went to see their new church and house, had some great Wing Dings for lunch and some fun conversation. (You always laugh with Bud!) I'm so excited for them and it is an amazing story of how God's hand was on every single part of their move! They have a beautiful new home that has plenty of room for their four kids and 14 acres of wooded land for Bud to hunt to his heart's content. Their church is in a very nice, new building and sounds like a healthy, growing body of believers. It was a special blessing to share this with them on our trip. Pastor Bud had some great advise and words of encouragement in our search for a place to minister. It's so awesome to have so many great friends across the U.S.!

2 comments:

Truders said...

Oh how I miss them!! Glad you were able to visit with them.

Chef Stinson Family said...

I LOVE Laura! We used to work together at Wellspring. She is such a wonderful and positive person. I wish them all the best!