Saturday, September 13, 2008

Givin' God the Glory

Most of you who read this know about all the miraculous things God has been doing in our lives but I felt compelled to make a list and share it with the blog world. It's not about Him loving us more than someone else, or that we are somehow "super Christians" that are being rewarded, it's about living out Deuteronomy Chapter 28:1-14...the blessings for obedience. It's an ongoing lesson for me and maybe you have perfected obedience but not I said the fly! I like to think I always obey the voice of God, but who am I fooling. I'm a human with flaws but He is somehow molding me to be a smidgen more like Him each day.

Anywho....Jesus has been working overtime at the Eilers' house! I'm gonna back the truck up a bit for those who need to catch up so if you are current with news...sorry. We leave the wonderful state of Iowa in 13 days to embark on a mission from God. Union City, Tennessee is the destination and reaching the city with the love of Christ is our focus.

Miracles:

The week before we went to interview at UC First Assembly of God, my mom-dar kicked in big time with the huge concern, "If I move to Tennessee, where is Keaton gonna live?" God answered that prayer with Keaton receiving an offer to live with some very good friends for FREE. He will live in a beautiful home with people I love and trust who believe in Keaton and want to support his ministry. I could go to UC and focus on whether it was where God wanted us to pastor and not worry about my boy.

God confirmed over and over again while we were in Union City that it was where we were supposed to be! I could list at least twenty comments that Pastor Tommy alone said that struck me straight in the heart. I cannot wait to serve as this man's children's pastor and help to make his ministry dreams come true. I think we are gonna made a great team as we have such like minds, thoughts and ideas in ministry. I kept looking for the "red flag" and it never came....not one hesitation! I asked very detailed questions of the leadership in the church and every answer another "yes" in my heart.


Pastor Tommy's wife, Deana, (we are gonna be trouble together! :) ) found us a very nice little house to rent. It price was awesome, and she got first dibs on it as the Lord lined it up for her to be the first person to call about the new listing in the paper. It needed a refrigerator, washer and dryer and in less than 24 hours, God provided all three appliances for FREE! The landlord agreed to rent to us without meeting us face to face, we just talked over the phone and God gave us favor.

We needed $1000 for the deposit and the Sept. rent. It may as well been $10,000 cuz we didn't have it. On Monday, we received a wonderful gift of $200 and we were excited to see God moving. I needed to mail the check but we decided to wait a little longer to see what else would happen. By Thursday morning, I told Randy we have to mail the check today! I wrote it out and put it in the mail and said to the Lord, "I'm mailing this by faith and believe that by the time this check gets to Union City, you will have provided the money." That was about 10 AM....at 7 PM we got a check for the rest of the money! God is so good and we are so thankful for two families that heard the voice of God and gave from their hearts. All of you who were praying had a part in that miracle also. Some were meant to intercede while others were meant to take action. Every part is crucial! Thank you so much.

When we arrive in UC, it will already be a couple days away from paying rent on the new place again. When Pastor Tommy found out we had to pay for a full month's rent already to secure the house, he said that the church would pay our October rent! Thank the Lord, and I hadn't even asked for that one. The church has been knocking themselves out looking for ways to help and make the move easier. I even get to attend a ladies retreat in October that our church is organizing.

It's been awesome, too, how we are getting to connect with a lot of friends before we take off. I got to say goodbye to my Des Moines Christian friends at the last chapel I did. My Parkview buddy, Jim, had a little gathering at his house for a few of us that are close. I've been able to squeeze in some coffee and lunch dates and hope to do a couple more. We had dinner with Laureen and Devon (I'm plotting a way to pack Devon in my suitcase). My pal Jen Yates is hosting the open house next Saturday...YOU had better be there. :) We are gonna have dinner with the Kimmers and the Adamsons and I'm gonna squeeze the stuffin' out of all of them. I'm also trying to get to one of the Seven Projects Keaton is speaking at my last week here. Stink...when am I gonna pack? :) I think I may need to take up Jenn and Cale's offer to help pack.

We will be about the same distance from Micaela, just south instead of north, so I praise God my girl will still be with us for breaks and holidays. She might even be in UC in October. Woot, woot!

We have three big things we are still praying for:
To find out where Randy's new job is. We KNOW he has one....God just hasn't showed us where.

To have favor with the apartment place and not have to pay October rent since our lease is not officially up until October 31.

For Keaton's Missionary Associate status to be completed by the Assembly of God Missions Dept. so he can begin to raise a little financial support to do what he feels God has called him to do for the next two or three years. He did start his part time job at the Apple Store and is loving it but hasn't gotten a pay check yet.

Isn't God amazing? Be encouraged that He really does answer prayer. Yes, sometimes He says yes, sometimes no and sometimes wait...but He does answer. I'm so thankful He chose me to minister to kids and has given me this opportunity to serve.

3 comments:

Angela said...

er...um....what am I chopped liver??? When do I get coffee with miss pastor Lori? HUH???
LOL I seriously doubt you can squeeze one more thing into your time left. We will be there Saturday. (All of us!)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that God has provided for you guys!

Truders said...

When God answers prayers He sure answers them!! I get excited every time I read your blog knowing God is blessing every step of the way to UC.