Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Me and Jen Yates
Me and Michelle with our "wonky" faces!
The Young family
Two beauties...Mic and Michelle
The Singleton clan
Liam Young given PL some love!
The Adairs plus one!
My PV bud Jim and his wife Debbie
Children's Ministry peeps from DM First
Some of the pastors and staff at DM First
One of my BFF's and "boss" Pastor BBopp
Keaton and Randy at DM First lunch
The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and get-togethers. It seems as though I have hugged a friend and said goodbye almost daily. By Friday morning when we leave, I don't think I'll have any tears or snot left...I'll be dehydrated! I know TMI!

These are just a few of the pictures and I'll try to label them and give honor to all our wonderful friends. I must thank some peeps specifically. Like Jen Yates who hosted our going away open house. It was so great to just talk with as many as possible and not worry about restocking food and drink. We appreciate every person (about 80)who took time to come. If you didn't make it, please know we understand and we'll just have to re-connect when we come back to Iowa to see Keaton. Jen and I became fast friends the second we met and she has a heart the size of Texas. She taught me the art of Goodwill shopping! LOVE that girl.

I'd like to thank the Adamson's for having us over for dinner, prayer and many hugs. What an honor to stand in the kitchen in a circle of prayer, praising God for all He is doing in each of our families. Count yourself blessed if you know Pastor Heath, Ali, Leighton and Dallon.

I thank my Parkview buddy, Jim, for rescuing Keaton's laptop from the abyss of viruses! Thanks for years of being the best co-worker a gal could ask for!

Thanks to the May family for dinner and a nice long Adele cuddle! What a precious family who found their way to Jesus after coming to a Super Saturday park outreach. You guys are branded on my heart forever.

Thanks to the Young family for driving clear from Omaha to see us off. Above and beyond, guys! I was a blubbering idiot when the arrived. It's been almost a year since we have seen each other and it was our first face to face with baby Liam. Oh-my-lan-ta is that a sweeeet little (well, not so little) boy! He was a great snuggler but you know...babies like me....I'm cushy! Seriously though, LOVE you guys so much and can't wait for you to visit Tennessee. Hint, hint! My Reese-a-Roni seemed to remember us and it was amazing how tall she has gotten. She always makes me smile and think of our freezing cold Easter Egg Hunt!

Our looooong time friends Jim and Lana came to the party and took us out for Sunday lunch. Lana and I have been besties for almost 20 years. We have been through so much together...births, losing parents and siblings, ministry events, and lots of LIFE. Lana "saved" me when we moved to Ankeny and Randy was traveling for work and we knew NO one. I give her all credit for knowing how to get around central Iowa! She schooled me quick, fast and in a hurry about how to get to each of the DM malls! Now that's what friends are for. So many awesome memories.

It was so great to see the whole Singleton family. We spent soooo many hours together preparing to plant JCFC and I will always be thankful for our time together. Ana and Colin are two kids that will NEVER leave my heart. We had so many fun times together and lots of times when they were at our place, the neighbors assumed they were our grand kids! Colin even allowed me to hug him and didn't squirm away! Ana brought us some art work...gotta hang it up in my new office. Love you guys!

Thanks to the Kimmers who are feeding us Thursday night after loading the truck. this family is so fun...we laugh so hard whenever we get together. I'll never forget the morning of our freezing cold Easter Egg Hunt and Marcus "pooping" eggs all over the field. We were so incredibly cold and wind whipped but Marcus made it fun. Thanks for always being the first to volunteer to help me with ministry events and working so hard for the Lord!

Thanks to our beautiful, wonderful, crazy daughter Micaela for coming home for the weekend to say goodbye and help with the party! She had a super busy week and tons left to do but she knew her momma needed to see her and so she came anyway. She was the official photographer which helped a ton! I'm so thankful she will be about the same distance from us and not farther away. Thanks Mic....you are the best daughter and you always make things more fun!
Thanks to my homies at Des Moines First Assembly for the going away lunch at Fuddrucker's. They have been so great to work with and so supportive and understanding about me leaving. Pastor Brian Bopp (BBopp) is the BEST guy to work with and for! Besides that...he loves my Lori-isms and actually has a file on his computer of all my weird sayings! What a nerd...but I love him to pieces. :)

I could list a million other thoughts and thanks but I don't want to make this so long no one reads it! I hope my heart continues to beat okay cuz I know a chunk of it will be left in Iowa.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we wouldn't have had it any other way. you were there the day we moved, helping me sort thru my fridge, so the least we could do was come say goodbye-for-now! enjoy yerselves in them hills an' hollers! safe travels!

Jenn said...

What exactly is with my face and my husbands...Micaela assured me that it was a good picture. Miss Micaela paybacks are a coming my friend....