Sunday, September 07, 2008

What Will I Miss About Iowa?

I was thinking....dangerous, I know. What am I going to miss about Iowa and the Des Moines area? Obviously, family and friends but there are a few more things.....

Iowa sweet corn fresh from the field.

Panera on every corner. (I'll have to travel an hour for Panera when we get to UC)

Drooling at the Brighton store at Jordan Creek.

Snow and 50 degrees below zero. HaHaHa, don't believe that for a second!

Starbuck's and Target on every corner.

My boy. Sniff, sniff....

All the churches we've served at and been a part of.

Des Moines Christian School.

Parkview Middle School.

Watching "my kids" grow up first hand. You had better send me pictures!

Fareway.

Anderson Erickson products. You just can't get better chip dip than AE!! Come on!

I'm sure as soon as I post this, I'll think of something else but most of all I'll miss YOU!

7 comments:

amain said...

LOVE this post!!! Normally I would think that you would miss the friendliness of Iowa, but I have a feeling that UC will give us a run for our money in that department:)
I will send you AE dip...and maybe some Brighton jewelry, too:)

Angela said...

I can't believe sweet corn ranked higher than your BOY! LOL

Lori Eilers said...

Disclaimer....these items are in no particular order, Angela!

Did someone say jewelry? My heart is beating faster. :)

Sleep, what's that??? said...

We will miss you too!!! Can't say that I can send you jewerly from that store, but maybe some sweet corn??? ;o)
Oh come on now, you KNOW you will miss ONE day of this loving 50d and snow!!! lol ;o)

Jenn said...

Thats funny about AE, when we were in Virginia for 6 months, I tried every dip out there, your right there isn't anything like it. I'll drive there and bring you some. :)

SS said...

Gonna miss ya like crazy!!!!!!! This just means you'll have to post like every 7 hrs.!! Missing you tons.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, you WILL miss AE!!! I miss the party dip especially...and the 2%, can't beat the 2%...Roberts just ain't the same... :p

miss you miss lori!!