Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Season of Growth

Can I just try to put into words some of the things I'm learning and re-learning about me and my relationship with Jesus? It's times like this that I wish I had a way with words like Mark Batterson or Perry Noble. I've been telling everyone that will listen for more than 10 seconds about this season in our lives because I want to show people how REAL God is and how His promises are true and definitely for today.

My biggest lesson in all this process of accepting my new ministry opportunity is something I hope I can pass on to my little circle of influence. The JOY outweighs the FEAR! By tons! Most of us have this fear of the unknown...well, except maybe friends like Pastor Josh or Mark Main who are adventure driven folks. :) I have always struggled with change and God has rocked my world with change since September of 2004 when we left Berean. I hope it doesn't ever take me that long to fully understand something from God again! I embrace it now...go with the flow and trust Jesus in a new and deeper way. If it's a God change, it's a good change.

I told Randy that I feel so incredibly happy and at peace about our move. I still cry sometimes when I think about a certain person or child that I will miss so much but please don't take this wrong...I still want to go to Tennessee when that happens. When we live in obedience, God brings an indescribable joy that fills your heart. If you feel the Lord is asking you to do something that makes you get sick to your stomach nervous or you know will rock your world...hang on, take baby steps and know His ways are always better than our ways. It's like when we are working out and building or rebuilding muscle. We lift weights and it breaks down the fat, makes us sore and stiff but if we keep working at it the results are amazing. We'll be physically stronger and mentally sharper and just feel oh so much better. Our body runs more efficiently, we sleep better, look better and honor God with keeping healthy. Same goes for lifting those spiritual weights. Buck up and deal with the sore so you can get to the prize! JOY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

did i need to read that or WHAT this morning! thanks, PL!

see you Saturday! hitchin up the wagon now...

Lori Eilers said...

Yee Haw! I get to see my reese-a-roni!! I hope she remembers us and I can't wait to meet Liam. Of course...I want to see you and that husband of yours. :) Drive careful and I'm glad what I wrote encouraged you. Love ya bunches!

loreyfamily said...

Hi Lori hey you may not even Remeber me but i went to Berean Assmbley of god church in Des moines from 1997 to 2004 i got saved and Baptized there and worked in the nursey to, pastor kevin is the one that Baptized me when i was 17 my Dad Randy L Davis SR died due to a heart attack at 49 in 2004 i could not bring my self to go back to the one chruch he loved so much when he died it was so hard for me to return my last name was DAVIS my name is April but i got married so now its April Lorey. Anyways i saw u was on blog im new to this and dont no how it works i been on myspace alot LOL i got your daughter added on there God Bless
April marie