Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy and Sad

I almost forgot to share this. When we were in Sioux City a couple weeks ago, we got to see the baby squirrel my sister-in-law, Shelley, rescued. When she got him, he was so new he didn't have any fur just pink skin. Even in the pics I took, his eyes were still not open. She has to feed him with an eye dropper every couple of hours. She gives him puppy formula. He was sooo cute. I loved holding him. Not too many people can say they have held a baby squirrel.


Tomorrow will be a tough day for me. I found out yesterday that my sweet cat, Rhiannon has a tumor that is most likely cancer. We have decided for multiple reasons to put her down. It was a very tough decision and it just breaks my heart. I have cried a lot since yesterday but I just don't want her to suffer. I know it has been hard for Micaela, too. She loves Rhi and has a big heart for animals. It's crazy how attached you get to pets.

0 comments: