Monday, September 29, 2008

Tennessee is Amazing!

I finally have internet! Woot, woot! I know a ton of people are wanting to see pictures of our new house and I promise I'll post some as soon as I get some unpacking done. It is super cute...way more than I expected and we love it. From the outside, it looks very small but it has way more room than the apartment and I don't have a crazy neighbor beating on my floor! Bonus!

We arrived safely in Union City about 6:30 PM Friday after a great trip. The weather was beautiful, basically no construction and we just had God's favor the whole way. Pastor Tommy had a huge crew waiting for us to unload. What took us 12 hours to pack on Thursday took about 50 minutes to unload! What a nice way to be greeted! I don't think I carried anything that night.

Saturday was a flurry of preparing for Sunday, two meetings and trying to return the moving truck to a very hard to find place. Oh well, we got to see some Kentucky country side in the process.

Sunday was the most amazing day in all the time I have been in ministry. Pastor Tommy asked me to greet the congregation right at the beginning of service and then leave for children's church. I was a little nervous but was so pleased he wanted everyone to be sure and know who I was. It was their first "Friends and Family" day and he had been encouraging the church to invite people for several weeks. We had such a HUGE turnout! The normal attendance between both services is about 200 but Sunday we had 328! The children's church staff said a big Sunday in the kid's department was about 25 and we had 90!! We had a total of 26 kids ask Jesus into their hearts and 3 adults for 29 salvations! PTL...God is so GOOD. I was so humbled and in awe of how He blessed the day and brought in so many people that I spontaneously would burst into tears.

Today was my first day in the office and it already feels like I've been on staff for a long time. It's so hard to explain...I know it's a God thing. I miss you all so much and can't wait to see everyone in person again but am so happy to be here. I owe soooo many phone calls and I promise to get back to you in a day or two. Right now I am exhausted and can hardly keep my eyes open. I have not done much unpacking and normally that would have me NUTS, but I don't care...I just want to sleeeeeeep. :) I LOVE my new opportunity....can't call it a job...it's too much fun to be work!

5 comments:

Truders said...

I have tears of happiness for you Lori. Both Kevin and I know what it feels like when you feel right at home after taking a step of faith and leaving the home you've known for a long time. I am looking forward to hearing all the good things that God will use you for in TN!!

Alyseia La'Belle said...

How exciting for you!!! I'm so so happy for you and your family. How far are you from Springfield now? I hope to see you sometime soon!

Jenn said...

Missing you like crazy, but oh so happy for you both.

Lori Eilers said...

Thanks so much gang. Lis - we are just a smidge farther...maybe a half an hour. We'd love for you to visit. Come with Mic for Thanksgiving!! Jen, give the boys a smooch for me and pat your tummy hello, too. Are you getting a bump yet?

hahainlala said...

So glad to hear that you had as safe and uneventful drive to TN:):):)

Love,
fc Heather