Friday, September 19, 2008

Random Thoughts and Maybe a Rant

My mind seems to be traveling several different paths these days and it gets a little interesting when the paths criss cross but you all have been there!

At this time next Friday, we will be driving to Union City. I feel like I've been waiting several weeks to go "home." Can't wait to see the house we are living in. Kinda funny that we rented a house sight unseen but it will be great.

God is opening some incredible doors for our son. He has accomplished more in his ministry calling at his young age than some will accomplish in a twenty year span. We sat up late last night brain storming some ideas and it was so cool how God was inspiring us at midnight and His presence was so evident. I know I am biased, but my son is an amazing man of God.

There will be a surprise guest at tomorrow's open house that you won't want to miss!!! Hope y'all are planning to stop by. Bring tissues for me.

The Lord has brought about a couple more miracles and I am in awe of how He meets the smallest and largest of needs. Every detail is important to Him. I stand in humble awe of His grace and love for a flawed sinner such as me.

I LOVE my T.A.L.K. (teaching and loving kids) tribe. It was so great to connect with them one last time yesterday! Picture and more to follow.

I'm SICK of political ads! I know we all are...let's just vote already! The media is at an all time frustrating, ignorant level! Don't get me started. Money, taxes, economy, education, foreign policy, Iraq, all that aside...I do NOT vote for baby killers. nuf said!

How about we pass a law that requires the nation to take a Dave Ramsey financial class and maybe our ideas of money management would get lined up correctly. Let's include financial institutions of America. Duh, people. Stop spending money that you don't have.

I can't wait for the new season of Survivor! I know, I know...get a life. Randy ~ You can just eat a big bowl of shut the heck up!


I miss my cat!

Why does my apartment smell like cardboard?

I love the book of James. My former pastor, Pastor Ray Weets, said this about James..."James was written to help us in our everyday living ~ trusting God no matter what!"

I ate an entire Big Mac the other day and then I was so full I about died. Bad Lori! It tasted awesome!

Today, I am finally using a gift certificate I got for a one hour massage. Looking forward to that!

I love my hunky man...thanks for working so hard on packing, baby.

Have a wonderful weekend and see you at the party.

1 comments:

little mama said...

PL-So sad that we couldn't make it to your party :( We were driving Jeff's mom to the airport in Omaha! I will be reading your blog to keep up with your happenings!! Good luck with the move. And BTW, I'm with you on the political thing. Unfortunately the media is so one-sided, and it seems like we all know that, but who in the world is going to change it?! I say let's vote tomorrow and get this over with already :) Love you bunches :)