Thursday, August 24, 2006

6 1/2 Hours

That's how far away our daughter will be. Tomorrow is a big day at the Eilers' house...Micaela moves to Springfield, MO to finish college. We are so excited for Micaela, we know this is going to be an awesome experience for her, but 6 1/2 hours is a long way. I'm not sad or nervous but I know I'm gonna miss her a lot. It's a new chapter in all of our lives. When I asked her who she was going to miss the most, she said her brother Keaton, then her best friend Katie, then dad and then me. I got a good laugh from that one. Thank goodness for cell phones. I know we will talk almost every day. It should be a fun trip tomorrow.

1 comments:

Katie said...

I'm going to miss her too. I'm sorry that me and keaton took the number 1 & 2 spots, but i'm thankful for all the years you let me into your family. and if we get a little sad about micaela being gone, i'm more than happy to stop by like the good ol' days, and maybe use your tanning bed ;) good luck on your trip down. we will have to plan a road trip down sometime to visit her. :)