Sunday, August 27, 2006

Priceless

Do you ever have those moments when you ask yourself if what you do makes a difference? As a children's pastor, somedays you wonder if the kids you pour your life into are actually "getting it." This morning, I was a little tired from our trip to Missouri, one of our nursery workers called in sick and my crazy knee was really hurting. But it all didn't matter when after service, I was helping pack up Baby Steps and one of "my kids", a four year old sweetheart named Isabella, was sitting by her mom teaching mom the scripture verse we had in Creek Kids. She said it perfect and was so proud to tell me she could say it all by herself. At that moment, that one thing that most people would not think twice about, was priceless to me. She "gets it," she listened, she's learning God's Word. I wasn't quite so tired after that, it blessed me so much. Thanks, Isabella. It's always those little things that God uses to encourage us to keep on doing what He's called us to do. Thanks Lord!

3 comments:

amain said...

As that sweet Isabella's Mom, I thank you for teaching her God's word in a way that just EXCITES her. Our Creek Kids bulletin is an important part of our family each week. And I really thank you for teaching obedience for these past several weeks. Isabella was dragging her feet to clean up this afternoon, and I reminded her that she is 'responsible to do her part', and with that, she picked up what I asked her to do, and did it without complaint. Love That!!!

becky said...

You are making more of an impact on the lives of our kids than you will probably ever realize! It's so awesome to see the way you make each child feel so special and loved. There are times I'll hear Jaden singing songs from Creek Kids, or talking about things that he learned on Sunday morning. There are many nights that he says a special prayer just for you and Randy, the kids love you guys, because they know you love them! Thanks for all you do.

Lori Eilers said...

Thanks Amy and Becky! I appreciate your encouragement.