Monday, August 14, 2006

Changes

As a woman, sometimes we have a hard time with change. I can think of many times in my life that change has come about and it was frightening, frustrating, or faith-challenging. I remember when we moved to Ankeny in 1989, I felt all three of those things. It really rocked my world. I feel like the last two years of our lives have been a huge series of changes that have stretched us in every conceivable way. And here we are...facing a few more changes. But this time, I feel a wonderful peace in it all. As I've grown in my relationship with Jesus, I can be a little more "go with the flow." We are moving to West Des Moines after being in Ankeny 17 years, we are going to live in an apartment instead of a house, and the biggest change of all...we are now empty nesters. A couple of years ago, I was almost physically ill thinking about my babies leaving me, but I can now say, it's cool with me. It's an awesome feeling knowing that your adult children are ready to be on their own and the greatest blessing you'll ever have as a parent are adult children that love and serve God! I'm so proud of our kids! So even though life is always changing, rest in knowing Jesus never does! He will always get us through, as the Bible says, "He's the same yesterday, today, and forever."

0 comments: