Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Movie Web Site

I love to go to movies, but it's hard to go sometimes. You don't want to be exposed to all the garbage that can be in a movie and we especially want to protect our kids from profanity, violence and nudity. TIME magazine recently listed their 50 Coolest Web Sites and listed is one I would recommend for parents. It's a movie site that lists all the "heads up" things we parents need to know. It's http://kids-in-mind.com. On a scale of 1-10, it rates content in the areas of nudity, profanity and violence. I think it's a great tool to help know if it's a movie for your family or not. There is a Junior Bible Quiz question that comes to mind: Why should we be careful about what we think? Answer: Because we become what we think about. (Proverbs 4:23-27; Matthew 12:34,35). I know I've seen movies that I think about for days after I've seen it, whether it was worthy of thought or not. This is a tool that I think will definatly help. Pass the popcorn, please.

0 comments: