Friday, January 19, 2007

A Few Things...

Micaela is back safely at school and their power is on. She and some of the girls on her floor took a road trip to one of their grandpa's house where the storm had missed so they actually had heat and could shower! A lot of people in the Springfield area are still without power and it looks like they may get more bad weather this weekend. The system that is headed our way is also going through Missouri. Bummer.

I could kiss my family doctor! Well, not really, but I'm so happy I went to see him. I was so frustrated with the care I've gotten with my surgeon, I decided to go see my family doctor and see if there was anything I could do about how much pain I am in. Anyway, he was so compassionate and let me unload on him. He agreed that the surgeon wasn't listening. He gave me two prescriptions that are helping so much. One was an anti-inflammatory that is safe to take with my blood thinner and a patch that I can wear on my knee 12 hours a day that has litocane in it. It basically works like novicane! It's rockin' my world. I'm not pain free but it is helping so much I can walk better and do my exercises the way I need to. I praise God for working through my doctor.

Last night, Randy and I had dinner with a gal that he works with. We met with her and her fiance to discuss their wedding next week. They have asked me to perform their ceremony. I'm very excited about this opportunity. They go to an Open Bible church, but wanted a small ceremony with just family and a few friends and weren't comfortable having a big, church affair since it is a second marriage for both of them. It was fun talking about their vows and all the other details. I never thought as a children's pastor I would have the chance to do a wedding but I'm sure looking forward to it! It will be good practice for when I do our nieces wedding in Dallas in March. I'm glad I was asked to do the hitchin' and not be "The Wedding Singer"...bad idea! Although...I could teach them "The Throw Up Song." That would be an interesting wedding.

0 comments: