Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Life Group

Our Life Group is off to a good start. I'm out of my comfort zone in leading adults, but I'm enjoying it and feel like the info we are sharing will really help all of us. There are so many areas of parenting that can be covered, I'm sure we will fill our time very easily. One thing I'm reminded of as I prepare is that even though our kids are 22 and 21, we are still parenting. Of course, not the same way as when they were toddlers but they will always be our "kids" and you are no less concerned for them when they reach adulthood. There are no spankings or groundings but you still want to help lead them and offer advice. It's another parenting skill to know when to back off, but our kids are usually pretty willing to listen to our advise; sometimes they even ask for it! :)

Being a parent is the MOST important job God can call us to. I don't see any parents at JCFC that take it lightly but many people in the world do. We talked tonight how it truly is a divine appointment. God placed each child exactly where He wanted and it's our job to "train them up."

0 comments: