Monday, January 29, 2007

What a Great Weekend

The weekend started out with a great honor. I was allowed to perform my first wedding ceremony! It was for a work mate of Randy's. She and her now husband attend an Open Bible church, but wanted a more intimate ceremony with just family and a few close friends. It was very nice, pretty quick and to the point, just what they wanted. Very fun for me.

Saturday was a full day with errands and Buzz practice. I was so pumped to find the CUTEST decorations for Daddy Date Night! I think I'm almost as excited for it as my girls. We have a very special dad lined up to share with us and I promise it's going to be a memory making night! Hope those dads remember the camera. Better yet, mom better take some pics before they leave the house. We will have Becky Hansen there to take some couples shots. We will just have to put some pics on the blog, too.

Sunday service was the second half of "I Have a Purpose" and the story of Esther. It's fun to hear about some of the converstions it has generated at home. It's always interesting to hear what the kids take away from it. One awesome aspect of The Buzz is that now parents will be able to talk more about what happened at church because they will see and hear it at 9:15 with their kids and then at the 10:15 Creek Kids service, we will expand on the teaching and do some of the regular stuff we already do. The whole family can talk about it and learn together. One word sums that up...SWEET! I assure you, it will be worth getting to church an hour earlier. Think of it as an investment in your family life, parenting skills and you growing as a Christ follower.

Thanks for allowing me to be your children's pastor. I don't take it lightly. I love those kids!

0 comments: