Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunday at JCFC

Yesterday was a great day in Creek Kids. I preached the sermon "I am a Lion Chaser" that I had done at Des Moines Christian School. I hope the kids enjoyed it as much as I did preaching it. After service, we had our monthly Food Court Fellowship. One great thing about being a theater church in the mall is the food court! Every second Sunday of the month we invite the whole church to hang out and eat together. Yesterday, we had an awesome crowd for FCF. I think more people stayed than ever before! I enjoy it so much because I get to talk more to my kids and it gives me a chance to brag about them to their parents. Parents can also ask me questions that sometimes they might not ask on a regular Sunday because we are so busy tearing down. It's all good. What can be better than munching on some Potato Oles from Taco Johns AND connecting with someone you haven't gotten to know yet? It was so cool to see some of our newer people getting to know all of us. Can't wait until next time!

1 comments:

becky said...

A few of us were joking that we are going to need to start reserving the center section of the food court. How fun to have more and more people each time. I agreee, it's nice to be able to just sit and talk with some of the people we don't know as well.
I'm excited that Life Groups start this week!