Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Learning Together

I am so thankful for the opportunity to be leading our new parenting life group! It is so fun to get to know each other better, learn from God's Word together and of course....eat something. :) Seriously, I'm enjoying it. We start our time together doing something we do at our staff meetings. We share "wins". These could be parenting related or something from any area of our lives. They are sometimes huge things and sometimes small; it doesn't matter the size, it's just good to praise God and speak those testimonies out loud. It's so good to be able to rejoice together when we have victories! We also share prayer needs. The Bible teaches we are to "bear one another's burdens" and we know that "where two or more are gathered in His name, He is in the midst of them." How can we grow in our relationships with each other and encounter God without prayer? How can you be upset with someone, be jealous of them, or find them annoying when you are praying with them or for them? You can't. At least not for long. Anyway...I'm getting off track. Call me shocked, I think I'm catching Pastor Josh's ADD. :) Just kidding PJ.
I love that through our life group, we can encourage each other as we study about what kinds of parents God truly wants us to be. If our group can help even one person turn from "I'm not quite sure what I'm doing" parenting skills to God ordained parenting, WOW, what an impact on that family and the future generations.
I've told our group that I may not have all the answers to the tough questions, but we can search out the scriptures and learn together. Some answers may come just because we have experience but all kids are different and the world is ever changing. Praise God that His Word never changes. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and FOREVER. So those answers found in the Word are timeless!
It's not too late to join our group. Drop me an e-mail if you're interested. eilersrl@gmail.com or lorie@jordancreek.org. I have to give a HUGE thank you to our child care angel, Bev. The kids are already attached to her after just a couple of weeks and she is such a blessing to us. That lady is scoring some serious gems for her heavenly crown!

0 comments: