Thursday, January 04, 2007

Stinkin' Devil

I hate the devil. He's been doggin' me lately and I ain't havin' it!! How do I know it's the devil? Because the things I've been feeling and hearing are lies. God doesn't lie, so guess who's getting the blame? I've been struggling with this second new knee, doing everything the physical therapist says but not gaining much ground. She was sure when I went to see my surgeon today that he would want to surgically manipulate it because my bend is not where it should be. Surgical manipulation means they would put me under general anesthesia and bend my leg as far as they possibly could. The risks are muscle tears and a chance of breaking a bone. Then therapy starts all over again. She basically told me part of the reason my knee isn't where it needs to be is that I can't handle the pain. The other is the condition it was in before the replacement. When she said that, I immediately thought, Lori, you are a failure. Those words are simply a lie from the devil. With God I am "more than a conqueror" Romans 8:37. I had a conversation with an old friend of mine who reminded me of a lot of things that I knew but was needing to hear. Thank God for Christian friends who stand with you in times of trial. JCFC is experiencing some amazing things right now and in the last few months and what better way to distract me from being about my Father's business than to use my knee? This is war! So, let me finish my story. I went to the surgeon today and he did not want to manipulate it, he wants me to do some more therapy and wait a while. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is going to see me through this and for whatever reason, He is allowing it to take more time than "normal". I need to be careful to not miss the reason. Maybe it's to win someone at the physical therapy office to Christ, maybe it's to prove His faithfulness to someone who is questioning God. I don't know for sure but I need to pay attention for the open door. Don't mess with me, devil, I will beat you every time with Jesus.

1 comments:

becky said...

I totally agree, awesome things are just around the corner! We are praying for you and Randy. Both of you are so wonderful with our kids. We appreciate your hard work and dedication!