Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It's a few days early but I wanted to post an anniversary message to my incredible husband, Randy. Our 28th wedding anniversary is this Saturday, June 21....the day we are leaving for vacation. I remember our "wedding" like it was yesterday. I'll spare you the whole story but we eloped one Saturday morning in the tiny little town of Elk Point, SD where there is no waiting period after you purchase a license. Randy's sister and husband went with us as witnesses. We got married about 9:30 AM, drove the 45 minutes back to Sioux City, went to my baby brother's baseball game, visited Randy's mom at work, had dinner with Randy's brother and wife and then went to the tiny mobile home we had rented for our "honeymoon." Some of you may be thinking, "How lame?" but I wouldn't change that day for anything.

Randy is a rare man. He is the most supportive and encouraging husband EVER. We have been through so many trials together and had some rough spots in our relationship but I can always trust that Randy will hang tough and be the man of God he is meant to be. I learned a long time ago that I can trust him.

Happy Anniversary my hunky man! You have endured a lot these past three years with all the changes in my jobs, knee surgeries, finishing college, selling our house and moving...you deserve some sort of large obnoxious trophy or at least a wad of cash! Here's to 28 more wonderful years! I love you.

3 comments:

Sleep, what's that??? said...

Happy early Anniversary!!!!!! ;o)
Have a great and safe vacation!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Truders said...

Happy Anniversary!!