Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Ways of the Lord

The ways of the Lord never stop amazing me. Yesterday, I was driving to drop off the van for an oil change and God spoke to me about an old friend who I had heard was recently very sick. I thought, boy, I better obey the Lord right now and call and see if she's okay. I caught her at home feeling much better after a bought of food poisoning. I thought that the Lord prompted me to call her so I could minister to her, but I was wrong.

Our conversation came around to the possible life changes Randy and I are facing and it was she who ministered to me. She reminded me of some scripture verses that I needed to hear and some Godly principles that applied to the way I have been feeling. She spoke in such an encouraging and loving way that really lifted my soul. She had experienced some of the same types of challenges I have and her wisdom blessed me to keep focused on what God is doing...not what man is or is not doing. She also reminded me that if people are motivated by anything other than God's will, that it will be revealed in due time.

Yesterday was also a day of confirmation that change was coming for sure, not just maybe. But I will not fear, nor worry. I will not dwell on woulda, coulda, shoulda. I will look forward to what God has in store, knowing He is in control, not surprised by situations, and has a way better plan than me! I'm so thankful listened to God yesterday even though I thought it was for another reason.

1 comments:

Cameyg said...

Amen, Lori. Still praying for you and your family.