Monday, June 02, 2008

Our Beautiful Jordan


Saturday afternoon, Randy and I went to see our very special friend, Jordan, in her first dance recital. She was AMAZING!! We were so proud of her. Not only did she remember all her steps, she remembered to look out into the audience and smile, too. Sometimes I almost forget she has Down Syndrome because to us she is a typical seven year old little girl but she has to work harder than most and always excels! Not only was it her first recital, she had the added distraction of knowing her newest baby brother was going to be born any minute! My friend Angela gets the "Mother of the Year" award as she was determined not to miss Jordan's debut even though she had been in labor with number four all day long and was having contractions every four or five minutes!! She sat close to the exit and as soon as Jordan's group finished, they headed back home for the birth of Jace Eric Sustala! What a day for them! Jordan was the star of the show, by far the cutest ballerina and a new big sister. Wish I had a closer picture of her but take my word for it...she was adorable.

It's weekends like this one that keep me focused on why I am a children's pastor. I could easily get distracted with all the hard things that come with ministry but getting to be a part of the lives of the families you touch is priceless.

3 comments:

Alyseia La'Belle said...

WOW. That's impressive! I don't know if I could do that!

And she's adorable! Last summer I had the opportunity to work at a summer camp that allowed handicapped kids to come and just being normal kids. They had a special counselor with them (I was one for my last two weeks) to help them around wherever they needed, but the other kids were welcoming and I thought it was such a wonderful thing! We had some students with down syndrome who would go and do the high ropes courses and everything! It helped me realize that they are perfectly able to function...they just need the encouragement! :)

Thank you so much for the blanket!! I hope you enjoyed having Micaela back for a little while. And I hope your summer is going well. :)

Chef Stinson Family said...

Oh my gosh! I am so thankful that Angela had another healthy baby! What a neat story!

Hope to see you soon!

Angela said...

So sweet! I am so proud of her! I was sobbing like a baby through the whole thing (I'm certain the hormones didn't help a bit with that!)
I'm so sorry we "ditched" you guys! I kept telling myself to call you when her class was done and by the time she was done ... SO WAS I! :-) I so wish I could have gotten pictures of you guys with her. She was thrilled to know you were there! Thanks for being so supportive of our family! We love you guys!