Saturday, June 14, 2008

Seven Days 'Til Michigan!


I can't wait...seven days until we are on our first vacation in almost six years! It's gonna cost a boat load in gas money but oh well, at this point I don't care. I just want to get away and see my family. I'll get to see my siblings who I haven't seen since the last time we were there. I'm super excited to see my three nieces and two nephews, too. We'll be camping, jeeping on the dunes and hanging out at the campfire with my dad's best friends for the last 35 years. We'll play a lot of washers, Uno, and Skipbo and of course EAT! Doesn't that sound like a wonderful vacation? It's camping my style...in a motor home. HeeHee!

We'll take a side trip to see my buddies Pastor Bud and Laura in their new church that is only about 45 minutes from where we will be camping! Maybe we'll do Sunday morning service there. We usually have church together at the campground, which can be very cool with the other campers watching. Either way, we won't miss worship while we are gone.

My husband loves Michigan so much, I wouldn't be surprised if he job hunts while we are there! If I said "let's move to Michigan" my usually calm, steady husband would pack at the speed of sound!
Pray our van runs well...she's gettin' a lot of miles on her. :)

5 comments:

Sleep, what's that??? said...

Have a fun and safe trip! ;o)

Truders said...

Have lots of fun Lori!!

Alyseia La'Belle said...

Michigan?! Who goes to Michigan??? hahaha Have fun! If you meet any Moreharts tell them I said hello! lol I may be coming to visit soon. Sometimes with my work schedule I have a couple days between work days.

Have a safe and fun trip!

Jenn said...

Camping is supposed to be in a tent. As for vacationing in Michigan...we (Shawn, Colby, Cale, ASHLIN, and I) are off to Branson later this week. Woohoo! I'm excited all except for the price of the gas...ugh!

Chef Stinson Family said...

Me = JEALOUS! I LOVE Michigan! I hope you all have a great time! Thank you so much for coming on Sunday. It meant so much. Jules loves her new "georgie" pajamas!