Friday, June 27, 2008

News

I know my quick blog caused some curiosity. Here's the scoop. I mentioned before that I have started sending resumes nationwide. It's one of those things that I did not really think there would be a lot of interest but am getting some good responses. One in particular is very exciting and scary at the same time. I had a phone interview with a church in Port Charlotte, FL before I went on vacation that went pretty well. He said the associate pastor would call back in a few days. True to his word, they both called for a second interview while we were in Michigan. It was interesting to interview for a children's pastor job as I was driving the back roads of western Michigan sight seeing and talking on the phone! Several phone calls later and after they contacted my references, they have invited us to come and meet the staff and try out. Eeeek! We are flying down on August 8 (after all the staff is back from vacations) and will return to Des Moines late Monday night the 11th. They are planning a staff picnic and some meetings, tours, and I'll preach on Sunday. I flux between excited and nearly throwing up! The timing is good since it will be after camps and Randy will have just finished his classes! The tickets are bought and the itinerary set!

I don't really want to leave Iowa but I do want to be wherever God can use me best. My family is being so incredibly supportive and happy for me. My husband is willing to go and I can't begin to relay how much that means to me. Please pray for us. It is a HUGE decision and has so many layers of change. This may not be the one but so far, it's feeling pretty good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wowie, wow wow WOW! how exciting for you! although, i kind of take it for granted that you're only 2 hours away...now a visit will be MUCH harder. thank the Lord for blogs! we'll be praying for you guys as you make big decisions this summer.

Angela said...

I admire your courage, it always amazes me the blessings that flow into a person's life when they live in obedience to Him who created them. I am proud of you. We have much to catch up on.

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting! Of course we would be sad to have you be so far away, but what an experience! That is so incredible, who wouldn't want you your terrific! Keep us posted!

morgan dutler said...

I am so excited for you and hope for the best in what God has planned out for you. It is such a leap of faith to leave where you are so comfortable, but if it is God's will it will feel like home as soon as you get there.

Truders said...

We have been in that position so many times Lori and know what it feels like. We will certainly be praying for you.