Monday, October 13, 2008

Ladies Retreat

I had a wonderful time at our Ladies Retreat last Friday and Saturday. We traveled about one hour from Union City to Paris, TN to the conference center at Paris Landing Tennessee State Park. It's located on the Kentucky Lake and was breath-takingly (is that a word?) beautiful! Our speaker was Kelly Woods, the pastor's wife and worship leader at Raleigh Assembly of God in Memphis. The girl could flat out sing AND preach! She really challenged us but we all fell in love with her sweet personality and passion for Jesus.


I got the biggest kick out of my pastor's wife, Deana. She was a hoot playing Spades with some of the gals and I got to witness her competitive side. She's soooo much fun and so real around everyone. Love, love, love her! We had to laugh at ourselves because we kept getting turned around in the hotel and loosing our way.

It was fun getting to know some of the ladies in the church that I hadn't been around very much. Everyone enjoyed some girl time, which I know doesn't happen often enough for most.

1 comments:

Angela said...

jealous? me? noooooo....OK, well maybe a little. Glad you had such a wonderful time! Beautiful picture!