Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday Update

Can you hear my sigh? I just sat down to unwind. :) What a great day! The weather has been nothing but picture perfect here in Union City since we arrived last week. We had one hitch in the week that involved a trip to the Baptist Hospital ER. And it wasn't for me! Randy's right foot was super sore after loading the truck and driving for so many hours. It seemed to be getting better but Friday morning he stepped down and heard a loud pop and was suddenly in horrible pain and couldn't put any weight on it. Off to the ER for xrays. Thankfully there was no break but a horrible sprain involving crutches, ice and being house bound for a few days. I'm telling you, he'll do anything to get out of unpacking boxes! Hee hee. He's doing better and I think he'll be up and around by Tuesday. Unfortunately, this delayed the unpacking a bit. Grrrr...boxes. You know me, I'm a get 'er done gal and this is trying my patience. How can a person have so much patience with children and very little in such trivial areas?

Today's services were great. We had some technical glitches but I think I can figure out what I need to change...just have to play with our Media Shout program. We have a great problem that we need to iron out. We have so many kids who want to ride the van that we are making multiple runs. We are in need of some extra hands to man a staging area for the early arrivers on both Sunday AM and Sunday afternoon for discipleship classes, Rangers and MPact girls. Like I said, great problem to have and I'm so thankful that we have such an awesome facility in our Activities Building where we can greet the early van kids and let them blow off a little energy. So this week me and Jesus will be spending some extra time together to figure this all out. Like my pastor says, "I need to get the mind of the Holy Spirit on this." Glad I don't have to solve it alone!

Micaela has a couple friends coming home with her for Thanksgiving. Yippee! I can't wait for our new church family to meet our girl and for her to meet them. I think almost every time we talk I mention some other person or family I want her to meet. I know she'll love Pastor Tommy and Deana, Pastor Justin and Hope but there are so many others I want her to meet. People who are so precious like Ma and Pa Smothers! The just ooze the love of Jesus. Thanksgiving will be super fun but not the same without Keaton. He'll be working at the Apple store. Retail...whatya do?

I'm looking forward to Friday afternoon when the ladies of the church will be leaving for a little women's retreat. We are traveling to Paris....Paris, TN, that is! Excited to build some relationships and get to know more people. Our speaker is a pastor's wife from Memphis. Sounds like there may be a little shopping involved...even some window shopping will be fun.

1 comments:

Angela said...

It is so good to hear your voice, I am so happy that you are loving southern life! Tell Mr. Randy we will pray for a speedy recovery. I bet it is weird for him to be the patient...miss you a ton!