Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Three Days...

Until the Giant Haystack! I can't wait. Randy and I delivered nearly 3000 fliers today and am so thankful for the opportunity God provided. It was such a beautiful day here and by Friday, it's supposed to 69! Can I get a woot woot? Perfect for the haystack! I still have lots of things to do but it's all coming together. It being the first year to ever do anything like this in Union City, I'm not sure how many bags of candy to prepare. I have enough candy to do 350 bags but may get more tomorrow night when folks come to church. We have 500 hot dogs to grill! I am just praying that we can touch many families with some love and friendship and FUN. Building a bridge in our neighborhood!

We have about 200 bales of hay being delivered tomorrow afternoon. Should be quite a sight. The gentleman that we are getting the hay from is excited about our event, too. He's giving us a great deal on the hay and delivering it himself and picking up what we don't split. Sweeeeet!

Side note, Sunday was Pastor Appreciation Day and our church treated us like royalty! So many thoughtful cards, gifts, and a HUGE grocery shower. I'll probably only need to buy milk and bread for a couple months. I found out that some of the older folks in the south call a grocery shower a "pounding"...never heard of that before! For only being on staff for a month, I sure felt loved. Praising God daily for bringing us here.

Second side note...my friend Chrysti back in Iowa had her first baby today! A little boy named Qwintyn Forest Weeks. Can't wait to see some pics! He's an absolute miracle from God.

Third side note...my buddy Devon called from Iowa just to chat. Oh how I miss that boy. He has a birthday coming up, gonna be 15. He and his mom are trying to plan a trip to Tennessee. Sure pray that can happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PL, I just love all you do for those kids. I miss you! Baby Qwintyn is a doll and I will try and get more pics up soon!

Sharon said...

Sounds like things are continuing to go good for you. As for "pounding" yeah, it must be a southern thing. We had one when we pastored in Bowling Green, KY. That is the one and only place I've heard that term before. Good luck w/ the haystack and may you reach many people for Christ!

Angela said...

OK, a couple things my friend...we loved having your boy out for dinner we had so much fun! I wish we could be there for your haystack...we would not only help with everything you need help with, we would also have tons and tons of fun! I told Scott we should go to Tennessee for Christmas this year,except then I remembered you wont be there...:0(
miss you bunches!

Truders said...

Looking forward to hearing how it goes on Friday!!

Sandy May said...

God gave you such a wonderful gift with kids. I am so glad I was able to talk with you this past week. Please email me with how the event went! It sounds like so much fun! So-okay how long does it take for round trip travel from DM to attend the event? :-)