Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Stuff

I can't believe I did my fourth Sunday service in Union City! Time is clipping right along. It was a great day in Kid's Inc. We were missing a few regulars due to a nasty flu bug going around here but had a new family and two families that hadn't been to church in quite a while (I was told) come back.

We have been in a series about prayer and today my old friend Lucy made her debut with a doozer of a story that ended with her learning about intercessory prayer. The kids seemed to think Lucy was a little crazy and a lot funny so I think she'll be welcomed back. Good ole Lucy Elizabeth Christina Josephina Smith. And, of course, her BFF, Bear. Tennessee kids are hesitant to kiss Bear just like Iowa kids! Too funny. The story was about Cindy Woo. as Lucy pronounces it, but when the straight person said Cindy Woo, Lucy would get frustrated and say, "NOT Cindy Woo....Cindy Woo!" Then one of the kids would say Cindy Lou and i would reply, "That's what I said! Cindy Woo."

After church, I fed the Kid's Inc. team some of Amy's famous chicken and rice. (side note....it would have tasted oh so much better if Amy would have come here and fixed it for me personally) After we ate, we had our first full team meeting and I think it went well. Everyone is always on board with changes and tweaks and it sure makes my job a lot easier. It's a great group of people who have the biggest servant's hearts. We got some planning done and a whole lot of vision casting. Thanks team!

Following our Sunday PM discipleship classes, we were invited to have dinner at George and Evy's house. We had the best potato soup EVER and as good as the eats were, the fellowship was even better. Our friends Ken and Debra came along, too. It's so cool how the family of God can bind together in a small amount of time. Feels like we've been buddies forever.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Cindy Woo, I mean Lou misses her good friend Lucy a LOT!!! (wink)

SS said...

Lucy is back!!!!!!!!! YEAH! Does Lucy still make the kids kiss her bear and if so, do you really know how many kid's germs there have to be on that thing by now!! Ewwwwwwwww.

Truders said...

I miss Cindy Woo too!! It's been ages since I've seen her!! Glad she made it to Tennessee.