Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Amazing Day

Yesterday was so refreshing. Yes, it was a long day of meetings, calendar planning and a hospital visit but it was also a day of prayer. Monday's are staff meeting days for us and Pastor Tommy, Pastor Justin, Hope and I all spent about an hour together praying over our church, community, families, and each other. I have met few people in my life who pray as my pastor does. If you feel you are struggling to get God's attention, call Pastor Tommy....he gets God's attention! I love to pray with my tribe and come together and agree about the needs we have or know of.

Our calendar planning for 2009 went well and we have many opportunities set out to minister to our community. Not just stuff to fill the calendar but things that are intentional in reaching out. For instance, this Sunday we will be setting up for our annual community shopping day. We get people to donate clothing and household items, set up the activities building like a store, and have people come and shop for FREE. We also have all the food items they need for Thanksgiving dinner all bagged up and ready for them. And most importantly, we have a prayer station where we can pray with people before they leave. The whole church comes together for this outreach and with a lot of team work, we will reach hundreds of people with the practical love of Christ. Jesus with skin on!

Last night, we had a two hour Sacred Assembly to pray for our country and today's elections. Those two hours went so fast! Many came and several led out in prayer for different areas of need and for our country as a whole. We had an amazing time of worship. The minute you set foot in the sanctuary you could feel God's presence in a powerful way. Whatever happens today, God is in control!! He will not be surprised by the outcome, He has always known the end result. God's will be done!

We went together as a staff to visit the newest member of First Assembly. Baby Beverly Mae made her appearance a little early but a-okay. She's a sweet little peanut who I got to hold and introduce myself to. I told her we were gonna have lots of fun together learning about Jesus. I LOVE those moments as a children's pastor!

Finished the day off with a little Chinese food with my hunky husband, favorite pastor and my new girlfriend, Deana. Nothing like good food and the fellowship of friends!

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a fantastic idea! wish I could ship you all my 'sell' worthy items!

Sandy May said...

Oh my gosh! You do so much you make me tired just reading your blog! ha! Wish I had the energy you did! Actually I know you have energy for God and that is never ending! I am so proud and happy for you both!