Thursday, November 06, 2008

School Program

Travelle, who has a sweet, sweet personality
Pinky
Danielle and brother Robert
Grand ole flag!
Jonas in the black shorts

I was invited to watch some of my kids in their 3rd grade Election Day musical. It was so great to see them in action and spend a little time with them outside church. I went during the afternoon and they begged me to come back for the evening parent's addition. I was so glad I went to both because I had two great conversations with the principal and got to meet a couple of parents who send their kids on the van but don't come to church themselves.

It's so interesting living in the "Bible Belt" because they do things in public schools that would NEVER happen in Iowa. Their program was called "AmeriKids" and their matching t-shirts said "In God we trust." One of their songs was "God Bless America" and we all said the Pledge of Allegiance and sang the National Anthem. I realize in some areas, you can still get away with the pledge and the anthem but you wouldn't see those t-shirts. It was an equally supported candidate presentation full of respect and teachings about the election process. Pretty cool stuff.

0 comments: