Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where Is God?

Wednesday night service at UC First rocked! Pastor Tommy preached a message that penetrated many hearts. He preached about Elijah and Elisha in 2 Kings chapter 2 when Elisha refused to stay behind while Elijah traveled on to Jericho and the Jordan. Elisha had asked for a double portion of Elijah's spirit before they were separated. As Elijah was taken in a whirlwind, Elisha was indeed blessed but he cried out, "Where now is the Lord, the God of Elijah?"

Pastor said as he was preparing for his sermon, that scripture jumped off the page at him. Many of us have asked that very same question...where is God now? Pastor then went on to say, "He's right where we put Him." He challenged us to ask ourselves about where we have placed the Lord in our lives and hearts. Is He really first? Or is He where many of us have Him...on call only when life gets tough or our wish list needs fulfilled.

Lord, let me press in and find you close in all parts of my life. May I feel your presence in every second of my day because I'm seeking You regularly and You are faithful hear my voice. May you find me as faithful as Elisha and may I be used by You in a way that blesses Your Kingdom. Amen

1 comments:

becky said...

It's so good to read your blog and see how great things are going. We are so happy for you and Randy! Union City is blessed t have you!
I really miss you :)