Monday, November 17, 2008

Amazing Kids

My kids are amazing! Anyone who has been in one of my kid's services knows that we always have a Big Idea for the day. It is the main point of whatever I'm preaching...a catchy phrase to help them remember what we are learning. Yesterday, as service was starting, one of the kids raised their hands and said, "Pastor Lori, I know last week's Big Idea." After she told me what it was, another child raised his hand and said, "I remember the one before." One by one someone told me each of the Big Ideas from every week since I came to Union City! I was sooooo proud of them! For kids to remember something from 7 or 8 weeks before was so cool...such a God thing. It brought tears to my eyes and blessed me so much that God is working in their hearts and minds. I've said it many times before; sometimes you just don't know if kids are "getting it."

We had a breakthrough in our Christmas music practice, too. All of a sudden, they are actually singing the words! Yippee. All the lines are assigned and I think most are happy campers. It helps to constantly remind them that Jesus is the "star" and all of their jobs are equally important in presenting the Gospel. Pastor Tommy has given me the option to preach a short message during the program, too. I always get so nervous preaching to adults but I believe the Lord is giving me a message to share that day. I'm praying He speaks clearly to me about sharing as I want it all to be in His plan for the day. If He does allow me to speak, God gave me a cool idea for a visual example. Hard to believe the holidays are approaching so fast!

I'm looking forward to something new for the Eilers' family this holiday season. We will experience our first Christmas parade! Yes, with the milder winter weather, you can actually do things like that in the south! We are planning Union City First Assembly's float as we want to be a part of all the fun. I think we'll keep it pretty simple and of course throw out a bunch of candy. We have an 18 foot trailer lined up and a warehouse to park it in to decorate. Should be a blast and a perfect time to build some more relationships with families.

1 comments:

Truders said...

So glad to hear things are going good Lori!! Blessings to you!